Saturday, June 26, 2004

Objects in Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear

There's this big publicity campaign that att is doing for broadband phone service and I was trying to copy it and place it here but somehow it was replaced by verizon, when I surfed back. anyway, what I really have had enough of is this:

i mean, i can't take it anymore. can any of you sit there with a straight face and not say this is starting to look like vietnam in a much drier climate?:


what is hip? let me take a minute. pianos on the lower east side? volume in williamsburg? i don't know, i'm wondering about the haunting documentary about the Weather Underground I watched the other night. How can I go see Farenheit now, two nights later, and retain my sanity, you ask? It seems I'm a glutton for information. I might even check out "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" at Carlito's on Monday. And then there's this other one coming to the Film Forum called "The Corporation" with like Noam and all the usual suspects. This is the dawning of the Age of Left Documentaries!


But really the scariest thing about the Weather Underground movie was how much sense David Gilbert, Bernadine Dorn, and Mark Rudd still make. And what a lame sellout Todd Gitlin is. He's worse than Norman Podhoretz.

The following article kind of caught my "eye," for obvious reasons. Almost every line of argument in this article can be transposed onto what's going on with latinos these days.

The New York Times > Education > Top Colleges Take More Blacks, but Which Ones?

At some point 25 or so years ago, it was A Love Supreme. For some strange reason, very possibly John Hughes films, it's devolved into something as predictable as "i was hoping that we could be friends."

I haven't read the farenheit reviews yet because i read them already when it came out in cannes. I'm a little bit worried because there could be a kind of reverse Mel Gibson effect in which there is a public steadfastly against seeing this the same way there was a public steadfast against seeing Passion of Christ. Just using the word "steadfast" is an indication of what we're dealing with here.

Probably the swing vote = those who have seen farenheit 911 + those who have seen passion of christ. I can't say because I'm not a swinger.

Today's score:

Muddle Class 9
Captains of Industry 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home